Fair Work Framework 2016
Annex A: Fair Work Convention Remit
The remit of the Convention over its first year is to drive forward the Fair Work agenda by producing a Fair Work Framework by the end of March 2016. This Framework will:
- Articulate a practical blueprint for Fair Work which promotes a new type of dialogue between employers, employees and trade unions, public bodies and the Scottish Government.
- Support the Scottish Government's objectives of increasing sustainable economic growth and reducing inequality through the promotion of greater diversity, innovation and equality in the workplace.
- Understand business challenges in adopting Fair Work principles and offer help to support a progressive change.
In developing the Framework, the Convention should learn from National and international research and leading-edge practice in this area to provide independent advice to the Scottish Government on matters relating to Fair Work and will include:
- Progressive workplace policies which improve productivity and innovation.
- Promoting greater workplace democracy, employee voice and commitment.
- Better opportunities for employee development, skills development and lifelong learning.
- Best practice in industrial relations to encourage constructive dialogue in a range of different sectors and workplaces.
- Enhanced discussions between unions, employers, public bodies and Government departments.
- Potential extension of collective and sectoral bargaining in Scotland.
- Increased focus on workplace equality issues across the private, public and third sectors.
- The Living Wage and other aspects of fair remuneration.
Return to 'Contents' section // go to next section
Go to top of page